FTR 009: Jody DeVere – Biases In The Automotive Industry Toward Women
Jody DeVere, CEO of Ask Patty.com works with automotive retail locations to become Certified Female Friendly, learning how to create a culture and experience that attracts and retains loyal women customers. Jody DeVere is an internationally recognized speaker, trainer, often quoted industry pundit and spokesperson for the automotive industry on the women’s market.
She has been featured by the New York Times, NPR, Wall Street Journal, CNN, Fox Business, Forbes Women, Oprah Magazine and Parenting Magazine to name a few. As CEO of AskPatty.com, Jody DeVere provides automotive education to women consumers and an interactive online Certified Female Friendly® certification training program for automotive retailers on how to attract, sell, retain and market to women.
Jody DeVere Previous Episodes HERE.
- Certified Female Friendly program for automotive retailers to learn how to communicate with women.
- She co-founded a women in automotive conference.
- Only 26% of all employees in all roles including manufacturing are women.
- Jody support all women organization in the automotive industry.
- Our industry has a malaise for women.
- We need to overcome some of the behaviors that will make women feel more welcome.
- We have certain biases toward women that Jody speaks to.
- Good information on gender parity in organizations along with the right type of conversations going on.
- It also prevents lawsuits from an employment perspective.
- Open more dialogue so we all have a better understanding of women’s role in our industry.
- Women make up a huge portion of the decisions that are made for vehicle repair and automotive purchases.
More Info and Recordings