The Chevrolet Camaro concept was the celebrated star of the 2007 GM
Style event last night with it world premier during this star studded
fashion show. A 60's throw back with an updated look and entirely new
convertable design brought back memories of high school street car
racing with perhaps the ultimate machine with a touch of class.
Chevrolet already has announced production plans for the Camaro, which will go on sale in 2009. A production convertible model will be added later that year.
I spoke with interior designer Micah Jones to get his thoughts on US consumers love affair and passion for muscle cars. He said, " The GM Camero concept design was built for confident, passionate buyers with an appreciation of the power of muscle cars and transends gender lines".
· Anticipated production in 2009
· Based on the original Camaro Concept
· V-8 engine
· Manual transmission
· Four-wheel independent suspension system
· Four-wheel disc brakes
· Light-and-dark color scheme
· Seat fronts featuring platinum-tone leather surrounding suede-like Alcantara® inserts, with black, sculpted seatbacks
· Heritage Camaro Inspired instrument panel
· Deep-dish three-spoke steering wheel
· Separate ignition button
· The Camaro convertible concept is wrapped in Hugger Orange pearl tri-coat paint with twin gunmetal gray sport stripes
· Tonneau cover over the folded top
· “Halo” headlamps
· LED taillamps
· Rear spoiler with LED-lit CHMSL
· Racing-inspired fuel filler door
· Front-inlet hood scoop, inspired by the Corvette Z06
· Heritage-inspired rear fender “gills”
· Anodized aluminum door handles
· Bold 21-inch (front) and 22-inch (rear) wheels, with accent color
I would love to hear from women who
are passionate about muscle cars and your thoughts on this GM Camaro
concept car! Please add your comments below.
Ask Patty.com, Inc.