Bogi started out as an
outsider to the automotive industry. As a young woman first learning to drive,
her experiences at repair shops led her to want to learn about her car to feel
less vulnerable during the repair process. She surprised everyone when she fell
in love with working on cars and the automotive industry as a whole and decided
to pursue automotive repair as a career. After attending Universal Technical
Institute, Bogi went on to BMW factory training through the BMW STEP program
and worked as a dealer technician for seven years. While she loved working on
the line as a technician, she missed customer interaction and had a vision for
an auto repair shop that was welcoming to women and offered career
opportunities to female technicians beginning their careers in the
Bogi’s passion for empowering women through auto repair led her to start her first shop 180 Degrees Automotive in her driveway in 2006. She successfully ran this award-winning, nationally recognized facility until March of 2019 when she sold it to devote all her time to the advancement and promoting of women in the Automotive and skilled trade industries. Despite the success of 180 Degrees Automotive Bogi strives to stay true to her mission of encouraging the entry of women into the automotive industry, providing learning opportunities, and fostering connections between women of all ages and skill levels within the industry. This passion has led her to create a new shop called Girl Gang Garage, whose purpose is to provide an environment where newbies and experts can come together, commiserate, contrast, and collaborate in real world, hands-on learning opportunities.
Additionally, Bogi has spoken and taught thousands all over the country, written and been featured in articles for both industry and non-industry publications. Her passion for the industry is challenging to miss and is undoubtedly bringing a fresh perspective to closing the gender gap within the male-dominated automotive industry. Bogi also hosts the Automotive TV show All Girls Garage, a popular how-to automotive show on MotorTrend Network; is an industry spokesperson; teaches women’s car care classes; performs shop evaluations and assessments for independent repair shops across the country.
As a master mechanic, award winning shop and small business owner, and leveraging my experience as a host for the TV show All Girls Garage - I am a knowledgeable and energetic spokesperson for an array of products and companies. From tool companies, shop equipment, parts manufacturers to small business products.
I am an expert on vehicle maintenance, car care, growing a small business, marketing and women, social entrepreneurship, thriving during economic downturn and an inspiring business storyteller.
· Small business development
· Personal growth
· Car care expert
· Master Auto Mechanic
· Marketing to women
· Thriving in down economy
· Hiring and retaining women
· Social entrepreneurship
· Finding your voice/story
· Internal marketing
· Marketing to the digital generation
· People before profits
· Diversity training
· Building value proposition
· Standing out from competition, embracing difference
Each topic can be either a keynote, short or long presentation or more in depth workshop depending on the needs of the client.
· “Under the Hood” Car care clinics – taught by a woman, for women at your shop or for your group (work shop only)
· How to put on a successful car care clinic at your shop
· People Before Profits – how putting people first multiplies your bottom line.
· Not your father’s Auto Shop: Differentiate your business and thrive in the new economy
· Marketing in the digital age – how to use testimonials, social media, and relationship marketing to market your brand
· Marketing to women - what 60% of your buyers are looking for.
· Getting out of your own way - grow yourself to grow your business.
· Systems, structures and numbers - the nuts and bolts of building your business to be functional without you.
· People do business with people not with businesses - finding your story and branding yourself.
· Thriving in a male dominated industry - how to excel without pissing people off or losing yourself.
· Hiring and retaining women - nurturing a strong and loyal corporate culture that will attract both men and women