At AskPatty, we focus on giving the best automotive advice for helping people with their car questions. If you have a car question, start by asking our automotive experts. You can also use the search bar in the top right to search for a specific issue. All car questions are welcome and we look forward to helping you!
Ask a QuestionSearch for Cold Questions - Page 1 of 16
Car is an Olds Alero, 2001, with 78,000 miles.
I took my car in for a free 24-point check. The mechanic called and said:
1. Battery needs to be replaced. (Battery in car is original.)
2. Coolant is only good to -20 degrees; needs partial draining and replacing. I said it was good to -34 in Nov.05; he said it deteriorates or maybe someone added water to ...
I have a 73 Olds Omega and have recently done a complete tune-up myself.
However, the carburetor is still smoking when I drive it even though it is running and sounds smooth. Also it is starting hard in cold weather only. What could be the problem?
I have a 16-year-old Toyota Celica that I love, so I don't drive it in the winter months.What should I do to winterize my car in cold climate when I store it in an unheated garage for the winter? Are their special additives?
Thanks for your help.
my dad gave me an 01 toyota tacoma that runs great. he had it down in south texas, but i live in colorado with sometimes extreme cold. what type of oil should i put in the engine? he was using 10w30 motor oil. it has over 200,000 miles.
I drive a Kia 2001 Sportage. Over the Christmas holidays it broke down. I got it to the dealer - and they said it needed a new valve/head and they did a whole bunch of things on the car - which cost me over $2,000 CDN. The problem is since getting back the car, I engine check light keeps comming on, indicating a whole bunch of new problems. First a fuel ...
1. Am considering purchasing a Mercury Mariner hybrid. I ski in the Sierra Nevada Mountains a lot in the winter. How do the hybrids hold up in very cold weather and snow conditions?
2. If the car is an AWD or 4WD, do I put chains on the front or the back wheels?
3. Does the extended cold weather have a negative affect the battery pack?
We have 2002 Chrysler Sebring. The heater and defroster blows only cold air, until it reaches a certain speed on the highway. My daughter replaced the radiator cap and it all worked again for a short time but now is back to doing the same thing. I know it is losing water and antifreeze as I have to replace it almost every trip to town I make. If I keep ...