AskPatty Certified Female Friendly Logo

There is a valve directly on the side of the intake manifold. Been to multiple auto parts stores and seen multiple diagrams and can't figure out what the part's called. Wish I could upload my photo. Thanks for your time.

Answers from the Automotive Experts

Amanda J. Pierce, MBA

You may be referring to the PVC valve 

Jessica Howe, Automotive Expert & Coach at


Thank you for writing in. There is a small solenoid valve located on the intake manifold that is responsible for the air entering into the runner. The runner helps divide up the air into each cylinder as it comes into the intake. The solenoid is known as the runner valve/solenoid, or the intake manifold air control valve. Unfortunately, we cannot definitively tell if this is the valve that you are referring to. Good luck!

Contribute to this question:

blog comments powered by Disqus

Related Nissan Maxima FAQs

  • Our key all of a sudden got locked in the ignition Read More
  • I have a 1997 Nissan Maxima that gets hot and cuts off. A little white smoke comes out of ... Read More
  • I need 4 new all season tires for a 2004 Nissan Maxima SL, traction handling good ... Read More
  • I live in New England and travel 35 miles 1/2 hw and 1/2 off roads to work each way to ... Read More
  • Had water pump replaced. since then has had a hard start. Now will not turn over. One ... Read More
  • both cooling fans have stopped working. could this be a bad fuse or switch? Read More
  • Where can I buy 4 new cheap tires for my 2006 Nissan Maxima? Read More
  • I need 4 new all season tires for a 2005 Nissan Maxima SE, traction handling good ... Read More
  • My mechanic says my catalytic converter on my 2000 Nissan Maxima SE is shot. He works at ... Read More

Need Car Advice?

Ask The Experts!

Looking for a New or Used Car?

Search for our Certified Female Friendly® Car Buying Marketplace locations

Help Our Charities