AskPatty Certified Female Friendly Logo

Noticed air going out of tire, noted today cap is gone and tire valve stem is cracked, how can it be repaired, do I need a whole new tire, or can they fix the stem, what's best option, and do the dealer have to fix or can auto tire place fix it, please help

Answers from the Automotive Experts

Jessica Howe, Automotive Expert & Coach at


Thank you for writing in. Any tire shop should be able to replace the valve stem for you. You should not have to replace the entire wheel unless there has been damage to the entire rim and valve stem. Valve stems are not very strong, and do often break or crack. They are inserted inside of the wheel itself. If your vehicle has a tire pressure monitoring system, this may be more expensive. Good luck!

Contribute to this question:

blog comments powered by Disqus

Related Chrysler Sebring FAQs

  • What is the correct tire pressure for my Sebring 2008?

    Read More

Need Car Advice?

Ask The Experts!

Looking for a New or Used Car?

Search for our Certified Female Friendly® Car Buying Marketplace locations

Help Our Charities