We recently took our truck, a 2006 Honda Ridgeline, into a shop for transmission problems. We have been told that the transmission, as well as the radiator both need to be replaced. The radiator evidently leaked into the transmission. After a $2,600 quote, we had another call from the same shop informing us that the engine was now also shot. Apparently carbon monoxide is to blame for ruining the engine. We are now looking at a total of $6,000 in repairs. Oddly enough, the shop recommended not doing it for the time/money wouldn't be worth it. What would you suggest we do next? Is it possible for carbon monoxide to ruin the engine?
Hi Tierney, About your 06 Ridgeline: It sounds like you have two major issues. Carbon monoxide is an exhaust issue. Double check with the shop on the cause of engine failure. Water mixed in with the engine oil can cause major issues. Coolant in the transmission can also cause major issues. The shop sounds like they are looking out for you. You may want to consider donating your vehicle to a worthy cause. Good Luck!
〉 Answered on Jun 29th, 2015 by Maryann Croce, Owner at Croce’s Transmission Specialists