I think my car has a blown head gasket. The engine light had been on for awhile, but everyone told me as long as the car is running fine, don't worry about it. It overheated once, and I immediately shut the AC off, and it was fine. Then a couple weeks later, my son was driving it on the interstate with AC and it overheated. Husband came to rescue it and cooled it down and put more antifreeze in it. It overheated two more times on his way home (about 8 miles). The next morning, son tried to start it to see if he could figure out what was wrong, and it ran really rough and black smoke came out of the exhaust. He has since taken the top part of the engine off and says I need a head gasket - but that he can't do it. I am really in a bind and need to know is it worth fixing this or just get another car - and sell this one as is.