AskPatty Certified Female Friendly Logo
what kind of freon do i need to use to charge up my air conditioner? it has a slow leak

Answers from the Automotive Experts

Amanda J. Pierce, MBA Cheryl, More thanof likely you have R134A freon, if you do have a slow leak, I suggest that you have a professional inject a yellow dye detected by a black light. If you have a visable leak it will show with an inspection, and repair properly.

Lori Johnson, Owner and Instructor at Ladies Start Your Engines Dear Cheryl, You'll have to take it in for service to do this. In order to buy freon you need to have a license and the tools to install it. Call around to local shops and ask for a cost to charge your system. I know near me there have been a lot of coupons in the paper for this service. It's best to let a professional do it. Lori Johnson

Contribute to this question:

blog comments powered by Disqus

Related Kia Sportage FAQs

  • Where is the ac drier on a 2007 Kia Sportage? Read More
  • Do the front and rear drive shaft u-joints need to be lubricated on a 2012 Kia Sportage ... Read More
  • I need to replace a heater core and the timing belt on my 1999 kia sportage, they are ... Read More
  • I was charged 58% MARKUP on parts for car repair. Also, was told I would be getting new ... Read More
  • I am told I need an AC compressor, dryer assembly, freon, & v-belt. Could you please ... Read More
  • A few weeks ago I noticed that whenever I turn my steering wheel, my car makes a low, ... Read More
  • How can I get a chiltons book for a 1997 Kia Sportage? Read More
  • My warranty I bought on my used 2001 Kia Sportage is up Nov 11/07. I have 71500 miles on ... Read More
  • i am 52,do you think that a 2001 kia sportage is good car for me to buy?this more then ... Read More

Need Car Advice?

Ask The Experts!

Looking for a New or Used Car?

Search for our Certified Female Friendly® Car Buying Marketplace locations

Help Our Charities