To be sure, I would find a shop that would do a free quick battery check for you. You could possibly have a defective battery. If your battery is ok, you'll probably have to pay for some diagnostics to pin point the issue.
〉 Answered on Jun 7th, 2012 by Judy Curry, Co-Founder and Vice President of Marketing at Currys Auto Service
Since you left the door open the auto light shut off may not have worked. That being said, you may just have a bad battery. You will need to have the battery tested. If you have a meter, put it on V and you should get a reading of 12.6V. Anything less you may need a charge to start your vehicle. If you have something like AAA, they will come to you and test the battery. Good luck.
〉 Answered on Jun 7th, 2012 by Lori Johnson, Owner and Instructor at Ladies Start Your Engines