AskPatty Certified Female Friendly Logo
My car needs some body work. It is a Tidewater Blue Honda Fit Sport 2008. It is just taking a bunch of knocks. what I would like to find is someone who will find the parts in salvage instead of from the dealer, to save money. I need a rear bumper and a driver side front door. the work does not have to be done all at once; I know it takes time to find and obtain parts this way. any ideas? Thanks! (I may already have a free membership.)

Answers from the Automotive Experts

Geralynn Kottschade, Vice President at Jerry's Body Shop Inc. Lisa, Ask your friends and family who they have had experiences with collision repair stores in your area who they would recommend. When you have the estimate completed ask the estimator to source recycled parts. I am not sure what would be available in your area for recycled parts on a Fit,if not available today, maybe in the future. Some Recyclers we work with have ticklers in their system were they can call you if a part does become available. Alternative parts are ok to use and are not only environmentally responsible but cost effective. Sometimes it can take longer to receive the parts, but it sounds like you have time. Be sure to ask about the parts warranty.

Contribute to this question:

blog comments powered by Disqus

Related Honda Fit FAQs

Need Car Advice?

Ask The Experts!

Looking for a New or Used Car?

Search for our Certified Female Friendly® Car Buying Marketplace locations

Help Our Charities