AskPatty Certified Female Friendly Logo
Can you tell me where to get a split boot for a constant velocity joint 96 Subaru Legacy?

Answers from the Automotive Experts

Barb Petrey, President - DBK Enterprises Inc at Jiffy Lube The best place is probably the dealer

Laurie Sarno, Co-Owner at Super Girls Auto Hello George- any parts store that has access to World Pac should be able to get that part for you-also you can check online- hope this helps -thanks Super Girls Auto

Lori Johnson, Owner and Instructor at Ladies Start Your Engines Dear George, Any automotive store should sell this boot. I would strongly recommend getting a regular boot instead of a split boot. I have found that while the split boots are easier to install, since you don't have to pull the axle, they tend to be more likely to leak. I use for a lot of my parts. Great site. Lori Johnson

Contribute to this question:

blog comments powered by Disqus

Related Subaru Legacy FAQs

  • Hi Patty. Can men ask questions here? My wife's 2010 Subaru Legacy has a problem--a nasty ... Read More
  • Hi, I recently bought a used 2008 automatic Subaru Legacy limited 2.5i. We got it checked ... Read More
  • What is needed for a 30,000 mile service? The dealer is quoting $550. Read More
  • why would my car run ok and then suddenly sometimes rev cuts at 4000rpm it is twin turbo ... Read More
  • check engine light is on.. they say i need a cat converter that runs over 800 bucks. not ... Read More
  • My 1995 Subaru legacy wagon has developed a rattle under the hood. It appears to come and ... Read More
  • This is a 94 car. After my car engine has heated up, (not just when the engine initially ... Read More
  • Hi Patty, I own a 1997 Subaru Legacy sedan. The trunk has now been broken into twice, ... Read More
  • I\ Read More

Need Car Advice?

Ask The Experts!

Looking for a New or Used Car?

Search for our Certified Female Friendly® Car Buying Marketplace locations

Help Our Charities