AskPatty Certified Female Friendly Logo
I have a 1998 Olds Cutlass. Just got it out of shop today with $1045 bill due to overheating and loss of antifreeze. Broke down on me before the day was out. Gauge pegged at 260deg. Should I stop payment on check until it is fixed properly? He replaced water pump, flushed RAD, worked on intake.

Answers from the Automotive Experts

Bogi Lateiner, Owner and Technician at 180 Degrees Automotive Hi Karen, I would definitely speak with him right away and let him know what happened. Discuss with him your options, you can give him a chance to get it right, or you can stop payment on the check and bring it elsewhere. It maybe something little, something unrelated to the work that he did but that he failed to catch, or it could be something he did. I think its always best to give the original shop a chance to make it right, assuming you feel comfortable with them. Be clear on your expectations - but I would avoid being confrontational from the start, he*s more likely to do the right thing if he does not feel defensive. Hope that helps! Bogi Lateiner

Contribute to this question:

blog comments powered by Disqus

Related Oldsmobile Cutlass FAQs

  • I have a 1979 Oldsmobile Regency 98 350 engine 5.7 ltr How do you adjust the valves Read More

Need Car Advice?

Ask The Experts!

Looking for a New or Used Car?

Search for our Certified Female Friendly® Car Buying Marketplace locations

Help Our Charities