AskPatty Certified Female Friendly Logo
Thunderbird.....An auto shop is telling me I have to replace my intake manifold $800.00 as it cannot be repaired They are telling me the brass fitting is leaking and not the hose......and only way to repair it is to replace the entire intake manifold..... Want another opinion. thank you.

Answers from the Automotive Experts

Lori Johnson, Owner and Instructor at Ladies Start Your Engines Dear Sophiia, Unfortunately without seeing the vehicle,this would be hard to diagnose. The best thing to do is to have it looked at by another shop and see if they tell you the same thing. You can also call around and find out what other shops would charge you to do this job. Ask your friends if they have a trusted technician that they go to or if they know of a reputable shop. If you need help finding a shop near you, you can search on Ask Patty for a female friendly dealership or search by zip code at for shops with ASE certified technicians. Hope this helps. Good luck. Lori Johnson

Contribute to this question:

blog comments powered by Disqus

Related Ford Thunderbird FAQs

  • I just had my intake manifold replaced on my 1997 Ford Thunderbird. Now it is starting ... Read More
  • What is a fair price for an alternator for a 1997 Ford Thunderbird 4.6 liter and rear ... Read More
  • Is it really necessary to replace the stabilizer links on a car if you can put up with a ... Read More

Need Car Advice?

Ask The Experts!

Looking for a New or Used Car?

Search for our Certified Female Friendly® Car Buying Marketplace locations

Help Our Charities