AskPatty Certified Female Friendly Logo
hi, About 3 years ago,I purchased a 1994 Mercedes e320. I haven't had any major problems till recently. I think the muffler is going. The car sounds louder now & the brakes seem to need to be replaced as well. Can you recommend a trustworthy mechanic who will not rip me off?? I live in kew gardens ,ny. someone mentioned I should buy the parts online & have the mechanic change/install the parts. Can you recommend any online mb part suppliers? thanks so much for your help.

Answers from the Automotive Experts

Lori Johnson, Owner and Instructor at Ladies Start Your Engines Dear Rafi, You have a couple options. First let me tell you that it will probably be hard to find a shop that will put on parts that you buy independently. Because they don't know if you got the right parts or not and they can't really guarantee them. To find a reputable shop you can search Ask Patty to see if there is a Mercedes dealership near you that is female friendly, or you can go to the ASE site and search for a shop that has ASE certified technicians near you. Good luck. Lori Johnson

Contribute to this question:

blog comments powered by Disqus

Related Mercedes-Benz E320 FAQs

  • How often should I get the oil changed on my 1999 Mercedes E320? How about on my 2000 ... Read More

Need Car Advice?

Ask The Experts!

Looking for a New or Used Car?

Search for our Certified Female Friendly® Car Buying Marketplace locations

Help Our Charities