AskPatty Certified Female Friendly Logo
I met you guys at BlogHer on the weekend and am dying to take advantage of your stellar know-how! This question basically boils down to "How can I make my on-it

Answers from the Automotive Experts

Amy Mattinat, Owner and Author at Auto Craftsmen Ltd Greetings Holly, You need to have a regular technician that you know and trust that you can take the car to and ask them to give it a Trip Check Service. This is where they check it over from stem to stern. It should run you about $100.00. If your shop does not have this service, you could ask for a 15,000 mile maintenance inspection service. This service also is a major inspection and will run you about $100.00. You always want to make decisions based on facts. So find out what kind of shape this vehicle is in, if it needs any work to make it safe to drive to New Jersey. All My Best, Amy Mattinat

Suzanne Grego, Technician at City of Philadelphia Fleet Management Holly, Make sure you have your tires inspected and the air pressure adjusted to spec. I would suggest taking your car in for an oil change and let the technician know that you

Contribute to this question:

blog comments powered by Disqus

Related Ford Contour FAQs

  • i bought this car and the car lot said i needed to take of the cadalick converter cause ... Read More
  • Hi. I have a question. My daughter has a 1996 Ford Contour GL. The car has a four ... Read More
  • Is there a place in Temple Texas or close by that will help single mothers with car ... Read More
  • CHECK ENGINE LIGHT.. I have recently replaced my alternator, a new battery, and a ... Read More
  • I have a 1999 Ford Contour SE. The Car won Read More
  • Can you tell me what causes the Positive terminal on the battery to form corrosion ... Read More

Need Car Advice?

Ask The Experts!

Looking for a New or Used Car?

Search for our Certified Female Friendly® Car Buying Marketplace locations

Help Our Charities