AskPatty Certified Female Friendly Logo
Hi, I was driving on the interstate yesterday when a I rolled over an unavoidable metal rod and it hit the underside of my car really hard. It looks like something that is connected to the right rear tire is damage. It looks like a piece of metal with a line (brake line?) was damaged. I just bought this car and would like to know if this would be covered under my car warranty or if I would need some sort of roadside warranty to be able to get this problem resolved. Please let me know what you guys think. Thanks in advance! Cheers, Vyvian

Answers from the Automotive Experts

Amy Mattinat, Owner and Author at Auto Craftsmen Ltd Dear Vyvian, Sorry to hear about your accident. Unfortunately I doubt any warranty would cover any damage done to your car by the rod you ran over. You ran over it, you are responsible for the damage done. If you had the license number of the car the rod came off, you could get their insurance to pay for your vehicle

Jenny Trostel, Partner at Anderson of Hunt Valley No, it would not be covered under the warranty. It may be covered through your insurance policy. Have the vehicle checked by the dealer to determine the cost of the repair, then you can decide if you want to contact your insurance company to make a claim. Good Luck!

Kim Walker, Marketing Director at Peak Automotive Vyvian, This would most likely not be something covered under your warranty. It would probably be best for you to pay for this repair yourself. However, if it is an expensive repair bill then you may want to consider having your automobile insurance covering it. But remember that *may* cause your insurance costs to rise because of a claim being filed. I*m so sorry to give you bad news. Kim Walker Peak Automotive

Contribute to this question:

blog comments powered by Disqus

Related Acura RDX FAQs

Need Car Advice?

Ask The Experts!

Looking for a New or Used Car?

Search for our Certified Female Friendly® Car Buying Marketplace locations

Help Our Charities