AskPatty Certified Female Friendly Logo
my ex punched a hole in my firewal (03 Mazda 6) to run some wires through (men!) and now when i go through the car wash water, water everywhere. what product can i use to seal that up - thinking there must me some kind of fire retardant spray / expanding foam? Thanks Anna

Answers from the Automotive Experts

Lori Johnson, Owner and Instructor at Ladies Start Your Engines Dear Anna, They make something called a firewall pass-through terminal. It looks like a rubber grommet with a sleeve on it to pass the wires through. You could ask someone at an automotive store if they carry them or if they can order one for you. You might be able to find something like this at a stereo installation shop as well. The other option would be to get automotive caulk or silicone in a tube and try to seal it the best you can. Lori Johnson

Contribute to this question:

blog comments powered by Disqus

Related Mazda Mazda6 FAQs

  • I have a new battery and ground wire and all the lights and radio will come on but when i ... Read More

Need Car Advice?

Ask The Experts!

Looking for a New or Used Car?

Search for our Certified Female Friendly® Car Buying Marketplace locations

Help Our Charities