AskPatty Certified Female Friendly Logo
I wrote an asked you a question on a 2003 Monte Carlo SS. You wrote back and I took it to my GM dealer and they didn't even look at it. They told me this is normal for that car made from 1999 to 2004. So I took it to another person that has a shop and he told me the same thing. No one even rode with me or looked at it. It says in the computer that no necessay repair needed. The noise is driving me crazy when I back up, turn a corner, or go straight. How can I get someone to fix the noise or should I buy a different car?

Answers from the Automotive Experts

Patty Streeter,  at Lynda, I remember your question and it sounds like you need to take it to an ASE certified technician. Only take the car to an ASE certified tech, and not just any shop. I would explain everything you told us in detail and make sure they listen and take notes if it is needed. Bring in any receipts of paperwork from the previous shop/dealer and ask them to look at them. Give them the examples and info we gave you previously and ask them to check on that specifically. You can find an ASE certified tech near by going here:

Contribute to this question:

blog comments powered by Disqus

Related Chevrolet Monte Carlo FAQs

  • I have 2003 Monte SS.When I start my car and put it in drive and press on the accelerator ... Read More

Need Car Advice?

Ask The Experts!

Looking for a New or Used Car?

Search for our Certified Female Friendly® Car Buying Marketplace locations

Help Our Charities