Bearings and seals should be around $90.00 for the front bearing parts plus 2 to 2/12 hours labor rate. Labor rates vary across the country. Rear bearings are about $160.00 for parts and 1 hour of labor rate.
QUESTIONS YOU SHOULD ASK BEFORE YOU PROCEED
Before you place your trust in a particular service facility,
ask the following questions:
* Does the service facility in question have a good reputation?
If you don't know, find out. Ask friends. Ask the Better Business
Bureau if there have been complaints. If so, what kind of complaints?
Ask for referrals. If the service facility can't give you names
of satisfied customers, take your business elsewhere.
* Do they adhere to the Motorist Assurance Program (MAP)
Code of Ethics? (see related question 133)
* Do they employ ASE certified technicians?
* Does the facility encourage ongoing training of its employees?
Look for wall certificates indicating clinics or training programs
that have been recently attended or completed.
* Is the facility AAA-certified or listed with another auto
club or agency that attempts to police "approved" facilities?
* Does the place "feel right?" A clean, tidy appearance
with friendly manors doesn't guarantee honesty, but it may indicate
more of a concern for customer satisfaction.
* Is the work guaranteed? In writing? If not, watch out.